Terms of Service (last modified: May 9th, 2011)
By using the LessMeeting.com web site, plug-ins, and mobile applications (“Service”), and all services of Less Meeting, LLC (“Less Meeting”), you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”).
Less Meeting reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Despite this clause, we will attempt to notify you if there are changes to any terms or features related to security, billing, or privacy. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
Violation of any of the terms below will result in the termination of your Account. While Less Meeting prohibits such conduct and Content on the Service, you understand and agree that Less Meeting cannot be responsible for the Content posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials. You agree to use the Service at your own risk.
- You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information requested in order to complete the signup process.
- Your login may only be used by one person – a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted. You may create separate logins for as many people as you would like.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. LessMeeting cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your account.
- One person may not maintain more than one free account.
- One entity or organization may not maintain more than three free accounts.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
Payment & Refund Terms
- A valid credit card is required for all paid monthly accounts.
- If you purchase an account with a monthly billing cycle, you will be billed immediately for the upcoming month. If you cancel prior to the end of that month of service, you are still responsible for the cost of service. Refunds cannot be issued, and partial months will not be prorated.If you purchase with a yearly billing cycle, you will be invoiced upfront for 1 year of service. You have 30 days to pay. Refunds for yearly accounts cannot be issued.
- The Service is billed in advance on a monthly or yearly basis and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for partial months/years of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
- All licenses allocated will incur charges. There will be no refunds for unused licenses.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes.
- For any added or removed licenses on a license pack: if you provided a credit card, it will automatically be charged the new rate on your next billing cycle. If you are doing yearly billing, a new invoice will be sent.
- Cancelling your Service may cause the loss of Content from your Accounts. Less Meeting does not accept any liability for such loss.
Cancellation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not considered cancellation. You can cancel your account at any time by clicking on the Settings/Account link in the global navigation bar at the top of the screen. The Settings/Account screen provides a simple “no questions asked” cancellation link.
- Your content can be deleted from the Service immediately upon cancellation. This information might not be able to be recovered once your account is cancelled.
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid up month, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again. You will not be refunded any prorated amount for the rest of your billing cycle.
- Less Meeting, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other Less Meeting service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. LessMeeting reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications To The Services and Pricing
- Less Meeting reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) upon notice.
- Prices of all Services, including but not limited to monthly subscription plan fees to the Service, are subject to change upon 30 days notice from us. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Less Meeting Site (lessmeeting.com).
- Less Meeting shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Copyright And Content Ownership
- All content posted on the Service must comply with U.S. copyright law.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Service. Your meeting details remain yours. However, by setting your meeting spaces to be shared, you agree to allow other attendees to a given meeting to view and share your Content.
- Less Meeting does not pre-screen Content, but Less Meeting and its designee have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service.
- The look and feel of the Service is copyright©2013 Less Meeting, LLC. All rights reserved. You may not duplicate, copy, or reuse any portion of the HTML/CSS or visual design elements without express written permission from LessMeeting.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
- Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is only available via email.
- You understand that Less Meeting uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, Less Meeting, or any other Less Meeting service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by LessMeeting.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawfol, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Less Meeting customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or “spam” messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- Less Meeting does not warrant that (a) the service will meet your specific requirements, (b) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (c) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (d) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (e) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that Less Meeting shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Less Meeting has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (a) the use or the inability to use the service; (b) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (c) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (d) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (e) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of Less Meeting to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Less Meeting and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and LessMeeting (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).