At Less Meeting, we understand the trust you place in us and our responsibility to protect your privacy and personal data. As part of this responsibility, we’ll tell you what information we collect, why we collect it, and how we’ll use it to improve your experience.
We have 3 privacy principles that describe how we approach the privacy of the customer’s information:
- Protect the customer’s privacy and data
- Use information we collect only to provide meaningful and useful services to our customers
- Provide transparency in the collection of the customer’s data
At Less Meeting our goal is to provide our customers with a valuable service that allows them to improve their meeting effectiveness and efficiency. We are not a marketing, advertising, or personal information aggregation service. We will never use customer meeting information, without explicit consent, for any purpose other than helping our customers have better meetings and improving their personal/companies’ effectiveness.
September 14, 2021
Information we collect and how we use it:
We offer a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us, such as Daily Digest notifications and meeting note emails. In order to provide our full range of services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for a Less Meeting Account, Service, or Promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). For paid services we also request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in an encrypted format on secure servers. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other Less Meeting services in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services, ( for example letting you know when Less Meeting is hosting product feedback sessions in your city). For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information.
- Meeting attendee contact information – The Less Meeting plug-in collects meeting attendee information (names and email addresses) in order to allow you to send meeting notes and action items to those users. Meeting attendee information will never be used to contact those attendees or solicit services to them.
- Historical meeting metrics – The Less Meeting plug-in collects historical information regarding all of your meetings created with the Less Meeting plug-in that have two or more attendees (including the meeting organizer) for the purpose of providing users with metrics such as how many meetings they attend and how many people are involved in those meetings.
- Meeting analytics for Premium and Enterprise Users – Less Meeting analytic and reporting information that is developed based on users’ meetings may be rolled up for high level reporting, but ONLY within an organization. Less Meeting will never share analytics information outside of your organization unless all identifying information has been removed.
- Log information – When you access Less Meeting services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications – When you send email or other communications to Less Meeting, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Providing our services;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our systems;
- Protecting the rights or property of Less Meeting or our users; and
- Developing new services.
- Less Meeting may process user information on our servers hosted by the Microsoft Azure cloud computing platform. Less Meeting will not have access to data on Less Meeting Enterprise Server installations which are installed by our enterprise customers in-house.
We also collect some information when you use our Outlook, Google, and Microsoft 365 integrations:
- If you use the calendar integration: we will retrieve and store your upcoming calendar appointments such that they appear automatically in your Less Meeting dashboard for ease of use.
- If you use the task integration: we will create new tasks within your Outlook installation, Google account, or Microsoft 365 account, for any upcoming action items
- When you unlink or revoke access to your Google or Microsoft 365 account, your past meetings will remain in your Less Meeting account and must be deleted manually.
- We do not share your meeting or task information with any third parties other than our own hosting providers. This data is solely used for minimal usage of the Less Meeting application.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some Less Meeting features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
You can decline to submit user information or data (e.g. meeting information) to our services, in which case Less Meeting may not be able to provide the same level of service as otherwise stated.
Less Meeting only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Less Meeting in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Less Meeting, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who have certain types of meetings, or how many users have more than one status meeting a week, or how many hours of meetings users have during a work week. Any such information will never identify you or your company individually.
Please contact us at the address below for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to user information to Less Meeting employees, contractors and agents who require access to that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of customer data that cannot be resolved between Less Meeting and the user.
Use of Google Data
Less Meeting users have the ability to synchronize their calendar or tasks with Google’s OAuth API Service. For users that opt into this service, Less Meeting will automatically synchronize and store your calendar meetings, attendees and other relevant meeting details to Less Meeting servers. Less Meeting can also connect to your Google tasks, synchronizing the task metadata and completion status.