We’ve been asked a few times recently how to add Tags and Agendas to meetings in Google Calendar.
Sounds like a perfect topic for a blog post.
Why Add a Plan in Google Calendar?
Sure you can add tags & agendas directly in Less Meeting. Do this in Google Calendar when you create your invite, though, and reduce the number of steps it takes to create a new meeting.
And if you’re trying to run better meetings, you’ll also know that sending out the meeting plan to attendees before the meeting is a must.
Ok I’m In, How Do I Add a Plan to GCal?
It’s super straight forward. Just follow these 2 steps:
1. Sync your Less Meeting & Google Calendar accounts. Do that here
2. Type out your Agenda & Tags in the description, like this:
How to Format Your Agenda & Tags
When typing out your plan there are some simple format requirements.
– Start with the text, “Agenda:”
– Add the agenda number followed by a right parenthesis. Like this, “1)”, “2)”, and so on
– Optional: add each agenda length. Format is “(X min)” where X is the number of minutes
– Optional: add sub-agendas. Format is “- ” followed by the title
– Start with the text, “Tags:”
– Separate each tag with a comma
– Add as many tags as you want
That’s all there is to it. Less Meeting does the rest, automatically reading your plan and adding it to your meeting.
It would be great if Less Meeting could also push agenda and goals back to the calendar!
Yes that’s a great idea. Ideally we’d like to beef up the GCal integration on the whole, and this would be a definite part of that.